Security Awareness Certificate Programs are designed as informative, non-technical, and highly effective on-line courses which provide awareness and understanding of business relevant security issues facing typical employees in the work-place.
Topics cover the most common areas in which enterprise end-users jeopardize information assets and the systems that are used to protect, process, store and transmit corporate information.
Both security awareness certificate programs are based on internationally-developed and vetted common bodies of knowledge called the SCIPP Generally Accepted Practices (GAPs). The GAPs align with and map to international and national standards, guidelines, and common bodies of knowledge, including:
- ISO-27000 series (The ISO 27000 is the newly enumerated series devoted to security and incorporates ISO-17799)
- The Department of Homeland Security IT Security Essential Body of Knowledge (DHS EBK)
- The (ISC)² Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) common body of knowledge
- The ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM® common body of knowledge)
- The Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (CobiT) framework
- Industry best practices, such as those defined by Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and the Payment Application DSS.
To accomplish this, we solicited commentary and feedback from literally hundreds of (ISC)² CISSPs, ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditors (CISA), and other senior security experts representing virtually every vertical worldwide to ascertain the most relevant subject areas to include in SCIPP GAPs.
The SCIPP GAPs represent the consensus of the responses and outlines the best practice areas of information security which must be closely adhered to with appropriate emphasis being applied to individual topics.
The content and delivery is presented with today’s businesses in mind and will help your organization’s employees keep your information resources safe and secure.